$32 12 Inch Stainless Steel Gazing Globe,v2croft Hollow Ball Mirrore Patio, Lawn Garden Outdoor DÃÂ©cor Garden Sculptures Statues Gazing,Patio, Lawn Garden , Outdoor DÃÂ©cor , Garden Sculptures Statues,/agonied1189259.html,Globe,v2croft,Stainless,12,Mirrore,Ball,vitabasket.com,Steel,Hollow,Inch,$32 12 Inch Stainless Steel Gazing Mirrore Superlatite Ball v2croft Hollow Globe $32 12 Inch Stainless Steel Gazing Globe,v2croft Hollow Ball Mirrore Patio, Lawn Garden Outdoor DÃÂ©cor Garden Sculptures Statues Gazing,Patio, Lawn Garden , Outdoor DÃÂ©cor , Garden Sculptures Statues,/agonied1189259.html,Globe,v2croft,Stainless,12,Mirrore,Ball,vitabasket.com,Steel,Hollow,Inch,$32 12 Inch Stainless Steel Gazing Mirrore Superlatite Ball v2croft Hollow Globe
12 things you may not know about the Ã¢ÂÂGlobe of HappinessÃ¢ÂÂ:
- The lawn and garden ornament goes by many names, including lawn balls, yard globes, witch balls, fairy balls, mirror balls and globes of happiness.
- The shiny spheres range widely in size, from less than two inches to over two feet.
- The reflective globes found popularity in Victorian England, where they were displayed inside affluent homes.
- Ã¢ÂÂMadÃ¢ÂÂ King Ludwig of Bavaria so loved gazing balls he had them produced in many sizes to be hung in trees, floated in ponds and displayed atop ornate pedestals around his castle.
- After falling out of favor in the 19th century, gazing balls enjoyed a resurgence in the U.S. in the early 20th century as a sign of wealth.
- Southern hosts would place the reflective spheres on porch rails to easily spot an iced tea glass that might need a refill.
- Ã¢ÂÂWitch BallsÃ¢ÂÂ were once used as protection from evil spirits, as witches would catch sight of their visage and either be trapped inside or frightened off, depending on the folklore.
- If a fragile, hand-blown gazing ball is cracked or its seal is broken, the spell is lost as moisture fogs the reflection.
- Once known as Ã¢ÂÂbutler balls,Ã¢ÂÂ the reflective globe would be placed strategically on a dining room sideboard so Victorian Era servants could remain outside the room and still see when service was required.
- Indoor gazing balls were also used to unobtrusively chaperone young couples during courtship.
- some modern gazing balls are manufactured of reflective metal for durability.
- A colorful gazing ball doesnÃ¢ÂÂt just add style, these colorful globes will also attract birds to the yard, if positioned conspicuously.
1x Stainless Steel Gazing Ball Size:12 inch in diameter
In the latest novel in the #1 New York Times bestselling series, homicide detective Eve Dallas sifts through the wreckage of the past to find a killer.
The body was left in a dumpster like so much trash, the victim a woman of no fixed address, known for offering paper flowers in return for spare change—and for keeping the cops informed of any infractions she witnessed on the street. But the notebook where she scribbled her intel on litterers and other such offenders is nowhere to be found.
Then Eve is summoned away to a nearby building site to view more remains—in this case decades old, adorned with gold jewelry and fine clothing—unearthed by recent construction work. She isn’t happy when she realizes that the scene of the crime belongs to her husband, Roarke—not that it should surprise her, since the Irish billionaire owns a good chunk of New York. Now Eve must enter a complex world of real estate development, family history, shady deals, and shocking secrets to find justice for two women whose lives were thrown away...
A Macmillan Audio production from St. Martin's Press
Chaos. Fury. Destruction.
The Great Change is upon us . . .
Some say that to change the world you must first burn it down. Now that belief will be tested in the crucible of revolution: the Breakers and Burners have seized the levers of power, the smoke of riots has replaced the smog of industry, and all must submit to the wisdom of crowds.
With nothing left to lose, Citizen Brock is determined to become a new hero for the new age, while Citizeness Savine must turn her talents from profit to survival before she can claw her way to redemption. Orso will find that when the world is turned upside down, no one is lower than a monarch. And in the bloody North, Rikke and her fragile Protectorate are running out of allies . . . while Black Calder gathers his forces and plots his vengeance.
The banks have fallen, the sun of the Union has been torn down, and in the darkness behind the scenes, the threads of the Weaver's ruthless plan are slowly being drawn together . . .
"A master of his craft." —Forbes
"No one writes with the seismic scope or primal intensity of Joe Abercrombie." —Pierce Brown
SOON TO BE A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE directed by Denis Villeneuve, starring Timothée Chalamet, Josh Brolin, Jason Momoa, Zendaya, Rebecca Ferguson, Oscar Isaac, Javier Bardem, Dave Bautista, Stellan Skarsgård, and Charlotte Rampling.
Set on the desert planet Arrakis, Dune is the story of the boy Paul Atreides, who would become the mysterious man known as Maud'dib. He would avenge the traitorous plot against his noble family—and would bring to fruition humankind's most ancient and unattainable dream.
A stunning blend of adventure and mysticism, environmentalism and politics, Dune won the first Nebula Award, shared the Hugo Award, and formed the basis of what is undoubtedly the grandest epic in science fiction. Frank Herbert's death in 1986 was a tragic loss, yet the astounding legacy of his visionary fiction will live forever.
‘The final double twist is well worth waiting for’ My Weekly
‘Hooks you in to the drama straight away and does not let you go, even on the last page’ The SunEvery marriage has its secrets...
Beth and Tom Hardcastle are the envy of their neighbourhood – they have the perfect marriage, the perfect house, the perfect family.
When the police knock on their door one evening, Beth panics. Tom should be back from work by now – what if he’s crashed his car? She fears the worst.
But the worst is beyond imagining.
As the interrogation begins, Beth will find herself questioning everything she believed about her husband.They’re saying he’s a monster. And they’re saying she knew.
***** READERS ARE GRIPPED BY THE SERIAL KILLER’S WIFE...*****
‘400 pages gone in the blink of an eye!’
‘Fast-paced and chilling’
‘From start to finish this is a page turner – I could barely catch my breath’
‘This book blew me away’
‘Plenty of suspense, twists and turns – and an ending I did not predict!’
‘This is one hell of a thriller’
‘What a belting good story’
‘Such an addictive read’
‘Twists and turns – even on the last page’
‘Once I picked it up I didn’t put it down. Read in one sitting!’
‘Addictive! A page turner that you can not put down’
‘Convincing and clever writing, I gobbled this up at speed’
The Space Trilogy, Omnibus Edition includes:
Out of the Silent Planet
Dr. Ransom, a Cambridge academic, is abducted and taken on a spaceship to the red planet of Malacandra, which he knows as Mars. His captors are plotting to plunder the planet's treasures and offer Ransom as a sacrifice to the creatures who live there.
Having escaped from Mars, Dr. Ransom is called to the paradise planet of Perelandra, or Venus. When his old enemy also arrives and is taken over by the forces of evil, Ransom finds himself in a desperate struggle to save the innocence of this Eden-like world.
That Hideous Strength
Investigating the truth about her prophetic dreams, Jane Studdock encounters the fabled Dr. Ransom, who is in great pain after his travels. A sinister society run by his old adversaries intends to harness the ancient powers of a resurrected Merlin in their ambition to subjugate the people of Earth.